From merely being your grandma’s secret remedy to cure a number of health problems, Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has definitely come a long way. With its earliest known use dating back more than 1000 years, the usage of this vinegar is on the rise as more and more health experts are coming out in support of its health benefits.
Right from curing hiccups to dealing with weight issues, Apple Cider Vinegar has a long list of benefits. Let’s take a look at some of these.
Weight Loss: Given that vinegar can bring down sugar and insulin levels, it probably makes sense why many researchers claim it to be helpful in weight loss. It increases the feeling of fullness, resulting in lesser food intake.
- Stops hiccups: Often considered as a minor inconvenience, in some cases, hiccups can even affect your daily routine. A tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar can give you immediate relief from hiccups.
- Boosts energy: Working out and stress can lead to building up of lactic acid, resulting in fatigue. You can take Apple Cider Vinegar as an antidote to boost your energy levels.
- Cures tummy problems: If you’ve been suffering from a bacterial infection which has resulted in diarrhea, then you should consider sipping Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in a glass of water. Some experts even claim that ACV helps in soothing intestinal spasms.
- Skin & Hair health: Apple Cider Vinegar can help in stepping up your beauty routine. It prevents acne and ensures that your nail polish lasts longer, but that’s merely tip of the iceberg. This natural remedy also tightens and tones your skin, acts as a dandruff treatment, offers sunburn relief, soothes skin, and heals bruises.
How to Consume Apple Cider Vinegar?
After going through the above-mentioned list of benefits, you would definitely be interested in knowing the best method to consume ACV. Apple Cider Vinegar is most commonly consumed with water; you can drink it 15 minutes before every meal for best results. You can even add it to salads as an alternative method of consumption.
Apple Cider Vinegar: Myths Vs. Facts
Hippocrates, the father of medicine, is believed to have first prescribed the usage of vinegar for treating various illnesses. And over the years, many claim to have reaped these benefits of vinegar. However, people today are believing everything told about it on the Internet. Let us glance through some myths and facts about ACV.
1. Myth: Some people claim that ACV can help in boosting cardiovascular health. Over the years, studies have surfaced claiming that ACV can reduce blood pressure and bring down cholesterol levels.
Fact: Most of these studies were performed on mice models and are yet to be tested on humans.
2. Myth: There are innumerable studies available on the Internet claiming ACV’s ability to deal with cancer. Some studies even show anti-cancer ability of rice vinegar in laboratory setting.
Fact: There’s hardly any fool-proof research on Apple Cider Vinegar’s ability to treat cancer.
Given the health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, its popularity is only going to rise in the coming years. Making it a part of your diet could be a positive step in the direction of the healthy life you had always wanted.